Well I left my camera at the birthday party we were at so I will post pictures when I get it back. Until then my summary of events will have to do...
Sunday was fun. Although it was filled with errands such as the grocery store, we had lots of fun at Morgan (one of the boys friends) birthday party. The decorated bags, played dress up, ate and played a round of twister. Kathy (their mom) is the most fun person I may have ever met. She is so animated and always has great ideas. Daniel LOVE LOVE LOVES her. She even bought him little things for his gift baggy that were age appropriate and separate from what everyone else got.
Yesterday I made a trip to the pool with the boys. It was loads of fun so I may try to fit in a couple more trips before they close the pool down Labor Day Weekend. Of course it has to not storm here as well, which happens almost daily. Ian decided he was ready to take the swim test (where you swim the length of the pool) to be allowed to ride the slide and into the deep end. And he DID IT!!! WOOHOO!! I can't believe he jumped in, flipped over to his back and then kicked the entire length of the pool. They don't care what position you are in as long as you don't stop so he did it. We were pretty proud of him.
I spent the day yesterday researching Masters Degree programs in Houston. I think I am going to go back to school and get a degree in statistics. Darren and I have been discussing it and I think I really want to do that. I am going to start by taking a couple refresher courses - some calculus classes I have already taken but haven't looked at for 10 yrs. I am not sure how we are going to fit it all in but we will see :) I am excited and nervous. A bit afraid to fail - fearing I am not nearly as smart or good at math as I think.
On another note. We joined a new synagogue. I like it. It is small and very friendly. I was torn because there aren't as many young families but I never felt like I fit at the other one. So we will see how this works for us.
Tonight Ian has a kindergarten one hour meet the teachers, play date at his school. He is getting pretty excited (and a bit anxious) as I try to not think about it :) This is the start of his growing up (and leaving).
Hopefully I can post a few pictures soon.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment