
See my Alex, I mean Bob the Bull.

Curious George out to save the day. Excuse the fuzziness, we had to turn off our flash which made the photos limiting.

Look how proud Alex is. He even made that shirt.

Alex who is definitely by nature less of a performer than Ian wants to take classes in the fall. I think he really liked the attention of the performance. Sometimes it is hard for him to get attention.
Ian is going to take art classes. (Alex hates art- quoting him).
Remember I told them they had to pick ONE activity each? So I was interested to see what they chose. Well they both wanted Tae Kwon Do but it was going to average at about $300.00 a month and that is just WAY more than I am spending on a 5 and 4 year old for an activity.
On the 22nd Alex starts school. On the 27th Ian starts school. Everyone is excited.
4 comments:
$300 a month? Is this really how much things cost for kids??? If so, my poor kids are going to have to make do with a tin can of broken crayons and scrap paper!
Hate to tell you this, but dance for all 3 of our kids costs $435/month. theater is $700 per kid per show and they do 2 shows a year. Hebrew school is $850 per kid per year. Sports are much cheaper, averaging about $150 per kid per season.
And we actually make a concerted effort to keep things down, whereas some people spend even more.
Our kids do know, however, how much their activities cost and they do appreciate it and do things to help out around the house to "earn" the privilege of getting to do their activities. And they don't get an allowance b/c they know that their allowance is their activities.
Thank you alegna :) thats exactly how i felt. i know some people that spend in the thousands for sporting activities for their older, highschool age kids, but i always felt like that is because they are advanced and dedicated to it. My kids want to just try it. Sorry NOPE!
Barbara, I can't believe how much you spend. Well I can a little with three (the cost of your dance is equivilant to the tae kwon do) My poor kids will just miss out. Not only can they only do one activity at a time (I don't feel like being the family chofure) but the activity can not be that expensive. maybe (big maybe) at a later date but at 4 and 5 too bad.
Hebrew school is less here.
We didn't spend nearly that much when the kids were your kids ages. Sports is quite reasonable, it's dance and theater that are expensive! If they only took one dance class it would only be $50/month per kid, but to be in the competition groups, you need a whole curriculum of many classes. Jacob is taking 11! Michela takes 8 and Harrison is taking 3. Theater isn't actually that expensive when you break it down to an hourly rate b/c they get a lot of hours. It's a good worthwhile activity b/c they love it and it's great for their public speaking skills, confidence, self esteem, etc. I once vowed never to be the family chauffer too, but somehow things change when you get caught up in it. Even though it seems like my kids do a lot, I actually limit them more than many of the other kids around here! :)
Post a Comment