Sunday, August 26, 2007

Night Out

After dinner and bit of family dancing to 80's classics, along with some rocking air guitar, we wound down for an early bedtime so Darren and I could go out. We learned that Ian wants to be an "archaeologist, no someone who digs for all things that are nature that died, no who looks at plant leaves after they day to take them apart and put them back together, no a numbers man, no an artist" Good thing he still has a bit of time to decide. Alex has no comment.

Darren and I decided that based on personality Ian will do math or sciences, Alex will either be a CIA agent (as he has a near photographic memory, has the ability to fit into any situation and loves violence) or be a mob boss (or HR as they require a similar skill set of being able to manipulate people to do things and then have the blame fall on another if the idea fails) and Daniel will be a boxer.

We enjoyed our time together which involved eating, eating and MORE EATING. We need to find another activity. Everyplace to go out dancing is closed on Sundays and a bar isn't much fun since I don't drink or smoke. Suggestions?

Tomorrow is the big first day of kindergarten. Very exciting and then Tuesday Daniel turns one. Can you believe it? I can't believe a year has already passed.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

That's so weird - sometimes I comment and they don't show up! I don't know why. I did a long comment yesterday...

Good to talk to you today and especially to Ian. We certainly got a lot of details about the first day of school.

Sounds like lots of nice career options. :) As of right now (and it hasn't changed in awhile), Jacob is definitely set that he wants to be on broadway and/or be a professional dancer. Harrison wants to be a major league baseball player and afterwards (or if he doesn't make it), he wants to practice sports medicine or do sports reporting or broadcasting or open up a sporting goods store. Sense a theme here?

Michela is the only one who goes back and forth. As of right now, she wants to be a teacher, a dancer, on broadway OR a vet, plus a being a mom!

angela | the painted house said...

Isn't it hard to find something to do besides eating? Another reason we miss NC...the easy access to FREE stuff outside. Dancing would be fun if I actually knew how and wouldn't make a complete fool of myself. I'm glad you two have a standing Sunday date--how refreshing!