Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kindergarten and Happy Bday

Well Ian had his first day of kindergarten yesterday with Ms. Rapp. He is really enjoying his "Busy Beehive" with its assigned seats, play-doh, coloring, playing outdoors and watching "Carebears" Yes you heard me right. To teach them about how to treat there friends she is teaching them how to be carebears. And Ian thought that I was soooo cool that I could tell him the lion cousins name was Prince Lionheart. Well I have to be cool now as I know that soon I won't be.






























Here is my big boy off to his first day of school!



The funniest thing he said is that when they go to the playground there are graders out there with them. I was like "what?" so he says "1st graders, second graders" I was cracking up.

Today was his second day and he made a friend (the chatty boy who sits behind him and I am
afraid is going to end up getting him in trouble) on the playground. Of course he has my memory so he can't remember anyones name, except for Morgan the boy who is his bathroom buddy. He had his first lesson of Japanese, which he can't remember what he learned. And he informed me that "being in kindergarten is much more serious. they have serious rules and if you break them once you have a hand waved in front of your face... the second time they take a flower away and you have to go sit on a chair" he was sooo serious you would think they would electrocute him.


Alex is doing well at school as usual. He loves UOS. Here he is (less than thrilled to have his photo taken) on his first day of school - Jody does that look familiar?
















As I am sure you have remembered Daniels birthday was today. So I treated him to some sorbet after we went out to lunch. As you can imagine he greatly appreciated it :)

Happy birthday my sweet, adorable baby boy. My life is better (although more tested) for knowing you. I look forward to watching you grown into a young man and learning what your personality is (as I hope that the hitting and hair pulling will be outgrown) :)
I love you DANIEL!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Great photos. We loved talking to Ian about school yesterday and will call again this weekend. Happy BDAY to Daniel!

angela | the painted house said...

Happy Birthday, Daniel!

I love your description on Ian's first day!