We set up camp in their yard, with roaming horses, sheep and chickens. Before we began setting up the tent we collected all the eggs. My parents were shorted on egg as Ian decided to bang the eggs together (that doesn't have the best results)
Then we went out to dinner. I decided that I was not eating beans out of a can when in my parents backyard. We came back to the house and roasted marshmallows (while chasing Daniel away from the fire)
All looked to be going so well until... midnight when Daniel woke up and decided it was time to play. Darren took him until 2am and then I took over- driving around until 2:30am and finally giving up to crawl in my parent's guest bed and go to sleep.
For future camping experiences we will go to Camp Piper for the three oldest boys, while myself and Daniel will begin at Hotel Piper :)
In the morning we ate eggs fresh from Farm Piper.
Ode to my new car.
How do I love thee, let me count the ways...
1.) You were large enough to fit the awesomely large amount of camping equipment we stuffed into you, in addition to the dog crate and two dogs (because we forgot to hire a dog sitter).
2.) You have a DVD player that is fabulous in a traffic jam (which also makes interesting background noise).
3.) You have a plug that works with my son's breathing machine (although wasn't necessary since we ended up at my parents house that also has plugs).
4.) You have a/c vents in the back so that my children are not covered in sweat before we arrive at our destination.
5.) You have heated seats for all those days where the temperature drops below 75 degrees.
6.) You are a beautiful maroon color in order to camouflage yourself at the A&M football games with all the other cars.
7.) You have a moon roof we could look through to count the 5 stars that were out last night (although technically we weren't in the car at the time, there were truly only 5 stars- although admittedly that is 5 stars more than could have been seen at home)
8.) You have cruise control that would have been fabulous if there wasn't constant stop and go traffic the entire drive.
9.) You have so many seat options that I can easily separate my children or move them close enough to me that I never have to yell "don't make me pull this car over" because I can reach them.
10.) You are everything I dreamed of and much more. If only I would take the time to read the manual I am sure I would discover the depths of your fabulousness.
2 comments:
That is not Alex walking without adults. It is Daniel. I know that there are three of them, but I thought you could tell them apart. Myabe I need to start putting name tags on them.
Darren
Sounds like a great time at Camp, Hotel and Farm Piper. We *still* haven't been camping EVER. We need to go.
Do you own that tent? We don't even have the equipment.
Glad you're loving the car. We completely love ours (the twin of yours except different color.) Don't worry - we got ours in Sept and still have only looked at a small portion of the HUGE manual.
Did you buy the wireless headphones? I highly recommend them. The kids can put them on and be watching a DVD in the back or listening to a CD or even a station on the radio and you can be listening to a different radio station or CD in the front. The only thing is that the entire back has to listen/watch the same thing. It would be really awesome if all 3 kids could have different stations! But fortunately our kids like the same stuff.
the headphones are about $65 each, but well worth it.
Did you get the 3 months free XM radio when you bought the car? It was just long enough to get us completely hooked, so we ordered the full year and it's all we listen to.
The seat warmers are awesome on my cold, wet tush after I go for my morning swim and am driving back. (even though our pool is only about 6 houses down, when it's cold and I'm wet, I'm NOT walking home all squishy and cold.)
Post a Comment