I don't know what it is about having the camera turned on you that makes you stick your tongue out but here they all are- ready to have their picture taken :)
As for what we have been doing. Well, as I said- Darren has been out of town (not fun) so I took Daniel berry picking again with some friends. It was lots of fun and allowed me to make homemade strawberry jam tonight along with two loafs of fabulous strawberry bread. Darren is teasing me that I am going to start picking cucumbers and pickeling them. I think I am becoming too granola for him.
Ian had his school language performance. This was a really cute opportunity for the kids in all the different languages to show off what they learned. Everyone other than kindergarten at our school has a specific language (Spanish, Chinese, Japanese or French). The kindergartners get 9 weeks at each language so they sang a short song in all of the languages. Pretty cute to watch.




This is Ian with his friends Miriam, Richard and Adam.And Ian's little Odyssey of the Mind Club had their performance at school this past week. Honestly it was a bit anti-climatic. It is amazing how LITTLE you accomplish in 7 weeks of meeting weekly with a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds. Lesson learned - I should NOT be a teacher. (Or at least of these youngsters)
All set designs, costumes, etc. were designed by and made by the kids. They also wrote their script- but I am not able to put that on the blog due to my memory card being full.
Alex (Scientist, hiding), Mayte, Ian ( Batman) and Chaise (the bat)
Miriam - the computer/ narrator.
Ian (Batman), Adam (Robin), Morgan (Superman), Chaise (the bat) and Javier (Flash) - noticing a theme amongst the boys and their characters.I took Alex and Daniel to the museum to learn all about Genomes. Apparantly this is over both of their heads. I ,however, thought it was cool.
Finally, I am preparing for Alex's birthday party.
Webkinz for all the kids attending (only 4) - check
Scavenger hunt - check
Costumes for the webkinz and the kids to decorate - check
It should be lots of fun... Oh and Alex doesn't know he is getting a trampoline from family - he will be SOOO PSYCHED!
I know, not so whitty but I am exhausted and need to be up extra early to pick up a friends daughter for school - her car died. Hope you are doing well!




2 comments:
Thanks for the newsy update and cute pics!
Shawn and I love canning so let me know if you get into it and have questions.
Post a Comment