Sunday, April 13, 2008

Renee's Birthday

First let me say that I finally (FINALLY) got around to posting those pictures from our wildlife animal park visit with my parents. If you want to see them then feel free to revisit Jam Packed Day of Adventure way back in March of 2008 :)

Now for the good stuff.. It amazes me how big some of the kids are that I remember being born (some I even witnessed their birth). I think, "How is it possible that you are that old?" That is what I think of now three year old Renee. Her mother Jill and I have been friends for several years, we met through Junior League, and I am blessed to call her a friend. This is the party in pictures:

As you can see it was a "Paint Party" which is mighty brave if you consider that the majority of kids were 3 yrs and younger. But as Jill is always a good sport about things they just stapled paper to all the fences and let them go at it.
Her is Christian (Jill's husband) who is always a good sport and dressed like the Man in the Yellow Hat (as it was a curious george birthday party in addition to the painting)
Daniel and his bubbles.
Look how fun that is. What a great mommy.

Here is Ian running the "pin the tail" game. Jill put him in charge, and what does he love more than to boss people around? Not the background farm house. Last years birthday party was a little people theme and they just painted their fence.
Jill and Ian having a talk (who knows what about) Do we want to know?
Ian playing a round of "pin the tail"
Ian and new friend Bryson (goodness knows if I spelled that right)
Now for a little pinata time. Note the level of the pinata compared to Christian (in the chair). Some kids were swinging at it and missing only to hit Christian in the you know where. Not good planning people.
Ian and Alex (take note of the bracelets we are all wearing, thanks to Angela)
Happy Birthday Renee! We can't believe you are already 3!
Smile for the camera - you adorable girl with the paint and chocolate all over your face.
Renee and Daniel. She desperately wanted to hug on him and he would have NO part of it. So she gave up and settled for a little leg holding.
And the grand finally! Ian, Alex and Daniel, hanging out with George and the Man with the Yellow Hat (courtesy of Jill's fabulous artistic talent)

2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Love the bracelets!

I am so doing a painting party sometime! How fun!

Barbara said...

Looks like a great party! But you have had some great ones too. I did too, when our kids were younger. Enjoy it while you can, both of you (Angela and Nicole) b/c when they're older they have definite ideas about what they want and painting isn't it! :)