The skys are looking pretty ominous at the moment. Dark and windy. There is a curfew in affect so we won't go cruising the town (as if!) Sorry I had a valley girl moment there.
As Darren and I eye our booze wondering when we can break into that stash I will leave you with this fabulous email sent to me by Fun Gal Julie. Always good to laugh in what could be difficult times.
If a hurricane's a comin', be prepared!
Hurricane IKE Survival Kit Toilet Paper..............................check
Bud Light.................................check
Keystone Ice...........................check
Budweiser............................check
Red Dog........................... ......check
Misc. other bottles of alcohol....check

Piece of plywood to float your old lady and booze on........................check
8 comments:
Thanks for the visit and comment. I hope that all goes well tonight with the hurricane. I grew up on the Gulf Coast of Alabama and my parents and entire family still live there, with that said, I know how tough hurricane season can be....been through several straight on hits. Stay Safe!
We've been watching the news and thinking about you constantly and hoping and praying you guys and your house will be fine.
Keep us posted.
Your friend Julie is hilarious.
Oh, my, that is HILARIOUS!
Hope all is well and that you have power. We have been following it nonstop.
I stumbled upon your blog blog by searching for...get this...paper towel rolls and wax paper to make kazoos... HEHE! :) THANK YOU for having that. Really wasn't easy to find! I began reading your bio and saw where your are located. I noticed that you haven't been on (or couldn't find that you had) since you were hit by Ike. I pray you guys are safe and did not take too much of a beating!!!! You are in my thoughts. I am 40, live in NC, and have 1 SPIRITED 3 year old girl. I tried forever to have a child and finally at 36 she came along. not sure if you have read anything from Dr. Sears about "High Needs Children" or "Spirited Children" by another lady, but that is what our daughter is... VERY intelligent, VERY active, there is NEVER enough... Intensity is double or triple the "normal" child. Has been since birth..would not be put down...only to be held! no crib....only by mommy. Wouldn't keep crying and pass out.... cries intensified.... So, I won't be having anymore, but I love her dearly and I completely understand how you can be worn out From 3 boys!!!!! I FEEL FOR YOU. I also understand how you could be searching for something.......I do the same. I am reading this book by Eckhart Tolle... I'm sure you've heard of him from Oprah. Ever checked it out? It's very interesting reading.
Again, i hope you're safe, happy, and filled w/peace! Much love from NC!
Please post soon. Very worried. Praying that you are all safe!
haha Hope your booze stash lasted through the storm!
There's a special place in heaven for moms like us with three boys. Sheesh!
Oh my gosh. I just came across your blog on Blog Her Been through it with Katrina in New Orleans. Hope y'all are safe.
Post a Comment