Okay today was one of those days where the boys were driving me crazy. I don't know if I stayed up too late last night and didn't get enough sleep or we just were not in sync but CRAZY PEOPLE.
It was a fun filled day of taking Daniel for his shots, getting referrals to a specialist for his asthma, working on dinner, ignoring Ian's begging pleas to join boy scouts, helping Alex with his show and tell box, keeping daniel from destroying said show and tell box, helping Ian with what appears to be a new pattern of nightly homework, going to swim lessons, explaining to a pleading daniel why he couldn't go to swim lessons, explaining to Ian and Daniel why only Alex gets the toy for swimming, fighting over toys, fighting over having our teeth brushed, fighting over what defines ruining toys, and much more.
Don't you wish you were me?
But on a positive note, Ian is very excited to now finally have homework. Our dogs diahrea has stopped (No I didn't share that wonderful experience). Darren is preparing tomorrow nights dinner and I am about to go to bed.
Quotes:
After the nurse gave Daniel his shot and he screamed his head off he said "Her hurt me!" Ummm... yeah I tried to explain what the shot was going to be like. Well I guess technically I said "This is going to hurt for just a second and then it will be over" Nothing like a mom to play it down. But he was right on the money. She did hurt him. I hope he will set foot back in there next week when we have to go back for the shot they DIDN'T have any left of and the flu shot. Oh good times!
Alex collected the secada shells from our backyard and took them to his teacher. I am sure she was thrilled and I wrote her a note explaining "We don't need them back!"
Ian learned about the words "two, too, and to" which we discussed at length at the dinner table. Fascinating!
And I am proud to announce that while my husband may have been crossing over to the dark side this round of elections and considering a vote for McCain--- the fabulous nomination for v.p. just pushed him back towards my second true love OBAMA! Woohoo. One more vote. Not that ours down here in Texas really matter but we like to think they do.
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow to my neice and nephew Michela and Jacob!
I probably shouldn't have said that because then everyone else is going to expect me to remember their birthdays, but hey, I am to disappoint.
Now I am off to bed. What are you up to these days? (crickets) Anyone, Anyone, Bueller? Dating myself here. Please comment so I can stop looking like a fool!
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That does sound like quite a day! At least the good thing about bad days (and we all have them) is that the next day is bound to be better! :)
Tell Ian we're glad he's got real homework and he will have such fun with other words that sound the same but are spelled different and mean different things. My kids love them too and there are so many of them.
Thanks so much for the bday wishes for Jacob and Michela. Their bday is actually Thursday, though.. the 4th, not the 3rd. But the well wishes are much appreciated in any case. I'll let them read your blog themselves tomorrow. They always enjoy reading the blog.
Marlon will be EXTREMELY relieved that Darren has seen the light, even if he came to the realization because of Pallen and not because of realizing how great Obama is. The vote is all that counts. Now if we can just convince mom....
well sorry about that. see i try and still don't get it wrong. more because I don't know what day it is not because I don't know when their birthday is.
Ah, well i tried.
The dog diarrhea would have sent us over the edge. Those boys keep you busy!
Post a Comment