So I am still without power. Can you believe that it has been over 1.5 weeks since we had power? It is strange because some parts of houston returned to normal while others still look like a disaster area. We still have trees down everywhere, homes were destroyed that I drive by every day.
(His has been one of the most difficult emotional experiences I have gone through.our house has been filled with yelling and fighting rather than laughter and joy. Everyone wants to return to a routine and it doesn't appear to be in the near future.
Sorry I haven't been posting as often. I have so much to say but don't have the desire to sit here typing it out on darrens cell. I hope I don't lose all my regular readers!
Keep us in your prayers
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry that this has happened and that everything is so tough for you guys right now. I'm sure it's very upsetting to all of you. Having never gone through anything like that, I can only imagine how bad it must be.
Are the boys back at school or is the school still without power as well? How is the apartment?
We're thinking about you and praying that you'll be returning to normal soon.
Keep in touch.
Hey there- this is Cate.
That blows. No other way to describe it. I'm sorry you have to deal with it- just keep telling yourself this too shall pass.
We had a record wind storm here in Ohio and lost power for a day and a half...others lost it for a week and more. Note: I love severe weather- thunder lightning slanting rain, wind- bring it on. But...dont like the after effects. (I actually hate the after effects but I'm trying to stop using the word hate. I hate it! (pun intended)). Anyway the day and half felt like a lifetime- apparently I have a sad reliance on power. As I was complaining about not being able to keep up with the darn election and the insanity that is the McCain/ Palin campaign, I attempted to use my hair dryer...hello?! When are you going to get it Cate- you have NO POWER. Even Asher wanted to know what was going on with all the candles. Ugh.
Let us know if there is anything we can do from the heartland.
Peace always, Cate
No one is leaving you. I can't imagine what it has been like. Thinking and praying for you!
Post a Comment