Well folks, Hurricane Ike is headed our way. Tomorrow we should be getting some wind and rain and by tomorrow night (assuming nothing changes drastically) we will have a hurricane on our hands. We are sticking it out. We did put up some plywood to protect the windows, we had some minor injuries (more about that later), we had a fabulous neighbor come over and help us, we bought our supplies. So we are ready. If we have internet I will keep you up to date. If not I am hoping Darren's phone will work and I will be able to keep you somewhat in the loop.
Keep your fingers crossed that everything is not as bad as they are predicting and we don't have too much damage to the house (or people). (Oh and pray we don't flood)
Good night. Tomorrow will be an exciting day.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was thinking about you and wondering if you were going to pack up and head to New Braunfels or anything.
Good luck, be well, we'll be thinking about you and watching the news and waiting to hear word that all is fine.
We've been thinking about all you Houstonians! We are watching and praying!
We are in San Antonio. Please be safe and I hope to talk to you soon.
Post a Comment