Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Birthday Fun

Well Ian had lots of fun yesterday for his 5th birthday. He went to school. Then after school we went with a bunch of friends for icecream. Then he came home opened one present and played with it. A United States board game. Fun and educational. Then we played with some neighbors for a little while. We finished it off with a return trip to the icecream shop for hotdogs and you guessed it... more icecream. This time accompanied by different friends.

I took the day to go shopping with my grandmother. She bought us a wonderful stroller and reminded me we need to give her a granddaughter :) Then I bought Daniel a few items that will make my life easier. We also checked out a really great toy store so I got the boys a couple of gifts there (one of which was that game) I really am enjoying having her in town because I am spending more time with her this month than I have for the past ten years combined probably. And the boys are really enjoying it as well.

She is coming over today to attend Ian's school birthday party. I am hoping she will also give Ian his birthday gift today. So it is opened separate from his other birthday gifts. We will see if she is up to sticking around for that long. She might have to get home to the dogs...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful bday. Give the big 5 year old 5 big kisses from all of us! We wanted to call him, but by the time we were awake at 7, he was at school. Then, after school, the kids went to hebrew school and didn't get home til 6:30. Dinner was ready so we ate and then, when I thought of it again, it was too late for you guys.

We'll try to call this weekend for sure.

He should be getting his present in the mail soon... as soon as I mail it!

Love, Barbara