Well I am going to try to get the film developed today so I can post a few photos. Until then, the party was really fun. I hired a kid to come and help out so I was out back as he stood inside and handed each child their very own outfit (jedi or princess), name tag, and light saber. Then they went out back and colored their gift bags, decorated their light sabers and ran around having fun. It was funny to see how at 5 years old there is already a big divide between boys and girls. All the girls sat at the table coloring for a very long time while the boys ran around hitting each other with light sabers.
Then when everyone had arrived Danny (the kid we hired) changed into a Darth Vader outfit and walked outside. I wish I had videotaped it. It was hysterical. The boys saw him and swarmed (I MEAN SWARMED) in one huge group toward him to jointly beat the living daylights out of him. The poor guy. Darren and I payed him a bit extra for hazard pay.
Then they ate hotdogs, veggies, fruit and finally cupcakes.
It was so cute one of the little girls (Isabel) kept telling me how good the cupcakes were and asked me if I could make them for her party. I thought that was funny.
Then I gave them back their goody bags and they left.
Ian then got to open his presents.
My definition of a perfect birthday party.
Monday, November 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a perfect party to me too! We had lots of parties in the backyard like that when the kids were young. Now that they are older, that doesn't work as well, so we do things like parties at the roller rink or baseball game or places like that. Although not this past year, but the year before, Harrison had a party at home and the kids played old fashioned games, danced (yes boys and girls together!) and watched a movie (it was an evening party.)
How many kids did you have?
Looking forward to seeing the pictures...
Love, Barbara
When do we get to see pics of the party?
Did the boys enjoy Darth Tater as much as I was hoping they would?
Trent
Post a Comment