Thursday, November 02, 2006

You posted what?

Darren says to me, you posted the photos of us? I am never dressing up again :) Oh don't worry he will be fine and I thought he looked cute.

Daniel got his 2 month check up yesterday and he is doing well. 12 lbs. 11 oz. 75% for weight and I don't remember his length (maybe 22 inches?) 55% height. Was very alert for the doctor and screamed bloody murder for the shots. Then last night we was miserable. Running a fever and fussing non-stop. I tried calling the after hours people at the pediatrician ( like they told me to do) and there was no answer. I called 6 times in an hour and a half and no answer. Needless to say I was PISSED. But we talked to a friend of a friend who is a pediatrician and got our questions answered. Daniel is still running a fever but happier.

Ian and Alex got their flu shots. Ian (who is very melodramatic) is still hurting so bad he can't walk. Of course it doesn't stop him from playing.

And Darren is just keeping us on edge about the pending move. It might be Copenhagen, no there is a position that might come open in NJ, no they think the best place for me would be the hague to position us to move to North Carolina (my first choice), no a position just got posted in Copenhagen. COME ON pick a place already!

Oh and have I posted that Ian is reading. He is actually getting the concept now and putting together three letter words like dog, cat, run, etc. and reading. Very exciting for everyone. Is there a book series I can buy that is basic enough for that level of reading?

Oh and back to Halloween. Darren said his office got WAY into it. They had department themes and everyone went overboard decorating cubicles and all. Apparantly one guy was a street person and dressed like a bum and decorated his desk surrounded with boxes so that it looked like he was working out of a cardboard box. It was so realistic looking that when the lady who works for Darren saw him walking around she called security. One department theme was santas workshop and everyone in the department was an elf. MAN I wish I worked there.

Finally, I got a netflix of the old superheros cartoons. With the Legion of Doom and all the super heros. The boys love it. Might have to be our gift to them for chanukah. It gets there violence out without concerns that they will become violent and do those things. i doubt alex will attempt to turn the world into ice or some other such nonsense :)

Till tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun Halloween atmosphere at Darren's office. UCI is nothing like that!

Keep us posted on the move... I didn't realize it was so imminent. Where is Hague?

Glad Daniel had a good check up.

Early reading is very, very exciting. There are lots of great books out there for that level. I'll look on our shelves to see which ones are best.

Love, Barbara

angela | the painted house said...

North Carolina??? :)