Friday, May 25, 2007

All is well 2

All is well in the hot, humid environment we call Houston Texas. Still waiting to hear if we are going to move and dealing with it reluctantly. To make myself feel better I am busying myself with "fixing up" the house to put on the market. I sanded the cabinets in our bathroom this week, bought paint, bought new cabinet door pulls, organized everything and washed the entire bathroom down. I bought a new light for our kitchen and am making more lists than you can imagine. All this organizing helps me feel a bit in control of a situation that I truly have no control over.

Daniel can now get himself into a sitting position from laying down, all by himself. He has a "seat" at the table and sometimes will allow us to put him in it (rather than hold him) while we are eating dinner. He is happy eating salty foods and currently has his first case of pink eye.

Ian and Alex are dolls. Currently playing at a friends house while I pack up to get ready for the pool.

Hope all is well with everyone. Summer is coming fast then no break for me :)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

It must be frustrating. You *want* to move and are just waiting to find out if it is going to come through, right?

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. We're doing well here too - enjoying nice spring weather. Busy as usual and June is going to be crazy beyond belief with baseball playoffs, end of school year stuff, tech week for the dance recitals and then a whole weekend of shows, followed immediately by tech week for Grease and another whole weekend of shows.

We really enjoyed the day today - no school b/c of the Memorial Day weekend (our district does a 4 day weekend) and we had NO PLANS or activities, so the kids just played at home while I cleaned out some drawers and closets this mornning, then we packed a picnic in a picnic basket (food always tastes better in a picnic basket, doesn't it) and went to one of our parks that we can walk to and had a picnic. The kids played in the playground and I threw the tennis ball for midnight for awhile, then, when he got tired and plopped down on the blanket next to me for a snooze, I read my book (I'm reading Innocent in Death by J. D. Robb and I can't wait to see what happens.)

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Nicole said...

No, actual I don't really want to move. I love our house, school, community, friends. BUT... since the move appears like it is going to happen and it is just a matter of how soon I have two choices - good attitude or bad attitude. So I choose to look at the positives about moving and the fun of it.