Sunday, May 06, 2007

We have found our penis!!

I know that my posts seem to have a lot of penis talk but with three boys it is inevitable. (I almost wrote 4 boys and included Darren but since he doesn't really contribute to the penis talk I thought I would leave him out)

Anyway, so we bought Daniel a new big yellow dug bathtub that fits inside our bathtub so he doesn't have to sit in that baby bathtub with the hard plastic between his legs. Well needless to say the new freedom allowed for a bit of exploration and it was found. It never ceases to amaze me how they can pull and tug on that sucker without any pain at all, you would think it would hurt a little. Having been pinched by Daniel I can attest to his grip (am I right Cindy?) I look forward to the day when I can have all three boys in the bathtub only to have Daniel reach across and pull someone elses :)

Life here is good. We spent the entire weekend running errands (not terribly exciting) Went to REI where Bernie and Esther purchased Alex a new bike with a big yellow bumble bee on it and we got them new shoes (apparantly Ian's were giving him blisters unbeknownst to us). At this point we decided to buy this cool hitch that makes Darren's bike look like a tandum, where either Ian or Alex can ride behind him. The other sits with Daniel strapped in the bike trailer. And today we put it to test. We loaded up the kids in houston's blistering heat (we were sweating just loading up the kids) to bike the just over a mile (doesn't sound far but felt forever) to the Israeli independence festival.

We have our first hitch were Ian's bike wasn't really tightened enough so he falls off (oops) but then we are on our way. Crossing the busy streets, getting going - OH CRAP what was that screw that just fell off Darren's bike? As I am getting the screw he is trying to figure out where it goes. We don't really have the tools but rig it and continue on our way. At this point Daniel is screaming because we stopped and we are literally SOAKING wet from the heat. Finally we make to the festival only to realize it is outside. We did the activities and headed out to brave the ride home where Alex got to be behind Darren. This worked okay but he was not able to help pedal due to the fact that he couldn't reach the pedals. Well this is why he got a bike (which he can't ride yet b/c he technically hasn't gotten it as in his birthday is not until May 15th)

Long day over, crisis diverted and now we are ready to crawl into bed.

Tomorrow will be another exciting day I am sure.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Sounds like a fun adventure on the bikes. We, too, went to our Israeli independence festival,which was huge this year (sometimes they're smaller) and very fun. We didn't ride bikes there, though. :) It was hot here too (probably not as hot as Houston).

angela | the painted house said...

Darn! I wish we were still in the neighborhood to catch a glimpse of you all pedaling down the street losing bits and pieces of your bikes! But here's to you for trying something new with the three kiddos!

And congrats to Daniel. The lifelong love affair has begun!!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it is the same bike brandon has...he has the bumblebee bike from REI.