Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Baby love
I just wanted to state what I love most being a parent to a baby. I realized tonight that you can love a baby completely with no interference or concern about what other people are thinking. You don't have to worry about discipline. Your job is just to love them. Of course this is probably why our baby is spoiled rotten but right now I don't care. I hold him and nurse him and listen to the little sounds he makes, I get so much joy out of him right now at this moment. It is pure bliss. And it makes me so sad to realize how quickly it will pass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree completely and yes, it goes way too fast. Harrison (who just turned 11) is coming in every morning to put on Marlon's deodorant. (I have no idea how he learned about deodorant or why he feels he needs it already, but whatever. I guess I had better get him his own!) I miss the days when they come in our room in the morning to get into our bed, not to use our hygiene products!
You are really going to make me cry. I am not sad in the least that this is my last pregnancy--not enjoying being preggers with two small children. But I know the last baby this and that with this new baby boy is going to be SO SAD!!!! Now I know why our parents were always pressuring us to give them grandkids.
Barbara, you crack me up. I was looking at Ashton's smooth face today wondering what it will be like when those first few dark hairs start popping up on his upper lip. Please tell us it isn't hard to let them grow up!
It is funny to see the way that people view the world (glass half empty or glass half full). I have never been a huge fan of babies because you give them everything you have and they don't give you anything in return. I really love when they get a little bit older and can give you hugs and kisses and crawl into bed with you and laugh.
Sorry Nicole...forgot to put that I was the one that wrote that...
Post a Comment