Monday, June 02, 2008

First Class Down

Excitedly I signed up for my first online art class. History of Art I. I am trying not to be overwhelmed and TRYING not to fall behind on my blog. We will see won't we.

So, quickly... We had the most hectic day I can imagine. We woke up bright and early to pick up Anna and her kids Henry, Abby and Katie. Yes you heard it right... six kids and two moms. I am not sure if we were crazy before all the kids or after, only you could answer that question. Does one who is crazy realize they are crazy? Maybe yes because I frequently realize I am. Anyway, back on topic. We loaded up the car and drove to Huntsville to visit my parents and their horses. This was a big goodbye trip as they are moving to Pennsylvania (snif- snif) and their daughter LOVES horses. So we drove on up there and spent the day playing with the horses, playing games and eating. Good company makes the day pass so quickly.

Then we loaded up the car again (my parents were not crazy enough to keep them) and rushed home for Ian's piano lesson. I dropped him off, dropped off Anna, Henry, Abby and Katie to rush back and pick up Ian. Then we went to buy my new Art History book to go home and get Ian ready for his first swim meet. Ahhh... I felt like Barbara, my sister in law who never seems to stop running. I have fought this experience for so long and then here I am running around.

The swim meet was a lot of fun. Ian really enjoyed cheering for his swim team. He made it across without stopping in both freestyle and backstroke. 4th place in freestyle and 5th place in backstroke. He couldn't understand why he didn't win 1st as he though he touched the wall first. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the reason no one was around when he finished was because they had been done for so long. So we cheered for him and excitedly examined his new ribbons. And another swim meet on Thursday.

I must tell you that the late evenings followed by studying are already doing me in and it has only been one day. Of course I am choosing to blog rather than sleep.

Tomorrow I am excitedly doing our mosaics project. I crazily offered to watch a friends older daughter while she took her younger son to a gymnastics class. Why did I do this? She has family in town? Ahhh I remember. Because she watched my kids a billion times already. Paybacks!

Goodnight. PLEASE POST COMMENTS!!! You have got me begging people. Eventually I am going to start talking to myself in the comment section just so that I can receive the emails. NO SEPERATE EMAILS. POST A COMMENT! (And yes I know that all caps are yelling. I am getting desperate!)

5 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

What did you say? I can't hear you? :)

Man, you are not wasting any time getting started on your classes...I hope to call today for the skinny.

Barbara said...

Congrats on starting the classes - that sounds awesome.

How nice that I was mentioned in the blog? Yes, that's me -- always running around. Just wait until all 3 kids are in different activities. Then you'll understand why it's almost impossible not to do it! :)

Sounds like a fun day, though.

Tell Ian congrats on the first swim meet. Doesn't it seem like ages ago when he went to the first practice and didn't want to swim.

Does he know his big cousins all do swim team too?

And does he know about "time improvement" ribbons? Those are the important ones. It doesn't matter how you place against others as it does whether you are improving your own times - that's the thing to be the proudest of!

I know how frustrating it is when no one comments - I have that as well. I get some separate emails, but not the comments. Angela usually has around 15 or more! And HER family are the ones commenting on my blog!

I usually comment on yours, though. Tell you what -- I'll make sure to comment on yours every time if you try to comment on mine every time. Then maybe others will get the HINT!

Keep enjoying those summer days. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Anonymous said...

"We loaded up the car and drove to Huntsville to visit my parents and their horses. This was a big goodbye trip as they are moving to Pennsylvania (snif- snif)..."

Gee... I didn't know we were moving to Pennsylvania. How exciting!:O

Anonymous said...

No comment!

Nicole said...

Nick you smart alec. But you did follow instructions and post- i am so proud.