Sunday, June 15, 2008

Park City Day 5

7:00 a.m. - Darren wakes Nicole on her day to sleep in to say "Look out side the windows. It is snowing" I didn't go back to sleep because I was too excited to see snow.

The great thing about snow in June is that the ski lift to slopes aren't open yet so we had the freedom to do what we wanted.
Ian hates the cold weather and is ready to return to Houston's heat.
Alex is not turned off by the snow and was thrilled to go over the "bumpy rocks."
Daniel enjoyed the sledding as long as it wasn't going too fast.
No one enjoyed hiking up the mountain in order to sled down. We are spoiled (if you want to look at it that way) never having to go uphill in Houston. Gotta look at the silver lining people.

You guys ready to go?
My boys!

Okay! We hiked up the mountain. See Daniel at the bottom ready to stop any out of control sleds?
Ready, set, go.
Weeee!!!

The problem with buying clothing too large so they will fit when winter in Houston arrives... You can't find your hands and you can't see in front of you.
Alex enjoyed building our tiny snowman.
Really tiny!
Here we are at the farmer's market that did happen. Sadly we didn't by much fresh produce, mostly we just bought junk.
I had to take a picture because at dinner Daniel wanted to share his food with me. Ummm... no thanks.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Interesting that Daniel was at the bottom waiting to catch all of us. He looks sort of big for his age. I guess he got the job done. I am so proud of my physical prodogie, not to mention that he obeyed the directions.

Darren

Barbara said...

All the pictures from all the posts are great. I'm really enjoying seeing them. You all look like you had such a great time doing some very different kinds of things.

We've never been there but it looks great, so we'll have to go someday.

I can't believe it's snowing somewhere in June and that you had to keep buying warmer clothing.

LOVE the photos of the flowers, esp the pink one.

angela | the painted house said...

Look at all that snow!!! Take me next year...that house is definitely big enough for one more, right???