Darren and I have been playing the equivelent of tag parenting these days. I am out of town for the weekend, he leaves town for a couple days, he returns for a couple days only to leave town again. This has resulted in attempts to be romantic via email and cell phone. The catch... He texts my email from his phone the following message "I love you. Being away from you is the worst thing about traveling"
Romantic right? Except his phone cuts off after the first 5 words at the subject. So his subject was "I love you being away" Ahhh the irony.
I just spent a fabulous time with Jody and my friend Yvette (oh and 30-40 strangers) on a scrap booking weekend. I got a massage and Jody comped my purchases - well I guess spotted me the money is a better term- as I don't travel with much cash. The check is in the mail (wink-wink) No really I am putting the check in the mail. Now I know for future reference. I had a really great time. I got my photos organized, I completed 35 pages (not much for an entire weekend) and had fabulous conversation. I read some, attempted to sleep (this was not thanks to Jody up laughing half the night) and got a massage. I signed up with the thought that I would get a ton done but by the time I went I just needed a mental break. I didn't know at the time that the timing would be perfect as Darren would be traveling so much. As always I have a good time with Jody, glad for that addition to my family (oh and Darren was good too) :) Of course he just loves me being away...
We have had a fun week of swim lessons, swim team, we got to see the Africa Meinerts again and had our first book club meeting. Next week the boys have their first camp! Yay for mom! Now who wants to watch Daniel?
The low point of the week was Ian's ear infection and we believe it ruptured so we have been treating it aggressively and put off a few days of swim team. Now we are doing better and ready to swim again tomorrow (with ear plugs of course)
On another note: I am desperately wanting to win this bounce house so I am letting you all know about it. Haven't been to this site yet? Please go and tell them you came because of me. I will get an extra entry. I need to win this bounce house ! We have some friends that have 4 boys and are looking for a way to occupy my time. The catch, they can't afford something like this. I want to give it to them. This couple stepped in and watched our kids back when Darren and I went through a rough patch and went to therapy. She has been a wonderful friend who has given more of herself than almost anyone I know. She deserves this. Please let them know.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, Nicole, that text message is hilarious!
I'm so glad that you had a fun and relaxing scrapbooking weekend--holy cow, you got a lot accomplished!
What a nice thing to think of! Wanting to win to pass it on! Well, you are officially entered!
I too had a fabulous time! Sorry about keeping you awake half the night but it was nice to laugh with the girls that night. Maybe next time I won't get the giggles so bad. By the way, we have Darren to thank for adding you to our family.
Jody
you just go tot he site and say you went there b/c of nicole at the blog 3funboys.blogspot.com could they please enter my name a second time. thanks for the questions. sorry i deleted it b/c you put my last name there.
Post a Comment