Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Photos Galore

Now what you have all been waiting for.... A ton of photos.

Here was our trip yesterday to Huntsville, for our good-bye trip for our friends - Not my parents (sorry)


Here they all are. Imagine this entire group of kids in our mini-van. (see my ode to my mini-van here)
Wow there are really horses!

Alex, Abby and Ian.

Anna with the kids and Princess.
Katie takes her turn.
Daniel got bumped up in front of our guests because he was so hysterical about taking a turn I was afraid he would spook the horse.
Daniel's turn with my parents.
Henry's turn.
Abby, taking her turn. I know it seems like it is taking forever to get through all these kids but there were a lot of kids.
Katie and Ian, hanging out on the gate. He will really miss his friends.
Alex has a turn.
Henry and Abby feeding Princess.
After a tummy full of pizza, my mom made some home-made cotton candy.

Henry and Ian, eating up the cotton candy.
Daniel couldn't be any happier with some sugar i his hands.
Here is my mom making the cotton candy.
Here I am having my share.
Anna and Henry saying good-bye to Kujo.

Ian's swim meet...

Doesn't he look like such a big kid in that suit?
Here is the entire team.
Ian racing back stroke.
Coming in for the finish.
And his fourth place ribbon. So proud to not come in last after our sinking episode not 2 weeks ago.

Today's Art Studio



This cracked me up. Great minds think alike. Blythe and I had our kids dressed in the exact same outfits. What are the odds?

My first attempt at an art "studio" for the kids at my home. I put together a little poster on mosaics with examples and the history of mosaics. I printed up some papers for them and made 9" x 9" poster squares for them to make mosaics. I didn't really teach anything but enjoyed giving them the opportunity to express themselves. My goal is to get more comfortable with teaching a little by the end, of course I may be too swamped with the online class to worry about that.




I highly recommend you take some scrap paper and have the kids cut it up and make a mosaic. It was a ton of fun for them.

The Meinerts are Visiting.

Generally I don't put someones last name out there but seeing as they live in Africa I am not really concerned someone weird is going to try to find them. That and their website also has their name. This were our neighbors a couple years ago until they moved across the world to get away from us, and yet they are still forced to see us once a year when they come to visit the U.S. They son has really blossomed in this last year overseas. It is amazing.

Alex, John and Ian

Silly faces - this wasn't hard to coax out of them.
Daniel wanted to get in on the action.
And a little good-bye loving.

As I am sure you have noticed, Ian's hair is getting very bushy! Well this is because he is trying to grow it out like the Beatles. (No doubt because women flocked after them). So we searched the web trying to find exactly which beatle and which era we were going for as I use all my self restraint not to grab the scissors..... and drum roll please!!!

Are you kidding me?? Please let this look a little better without the horrible moustache... Ian I really love you that I am allowing you to do this!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Ian kept saying he wanted a hair style like George but aparantly when shown pictures he selected Paul. Personally I think George has the better look here (bottom left for the uninitiated). Maybe that is a look I should go for.

Darren

Barbara said...

Ok, do I get brownie points for commenting every time? And get this -- not only do I comment, but I TOOK NOTES as I read the blog on things I wanted to comment about. :) How's that for greatness??!! That, coupled with the fact that I won the photo naming contest -- I really AM the best sister in law! :) Just kidding.

Anyway, here's my notes:

1)Ian and Harrison can commisserate about how issues. Harrison wants his hair longer b/c that's the style for the boys. But his is very curly and gets way too bushy. So yesterday 3 of his "girl" friends (not girlfriends, just friends who are girls) straightened it for him after school for opening night of the school musical. it looked good, but curled right back up again by the end.

2) Also tell Ian that his swim team suit looks just like Harrison and Jacob's except their panel is red not green.

3) I love your shirt in the photo of you and Blythe.

4) Mosiacs ARE fun. The kids did them in art at school. We should do that when in Texas over the 4th. it would be a good afternoon activity if they need some down time. we just need construction paper and glue, right? we can pick that up easily when there or you could bring it.

5) Horses AND cotton candy? wow. If we came to Huntsville could we do that too?

I guess that's it. So now you have to reply to my comment!

Barbara said...

p.s. I meant they could commisserate about hair issues, not how issues!

Also, Michela's suit team suit looks just like the girls on Ian's team.

angela | the painted house said...

Ian is just a grown man in a 6-year-old's body...wanting to look like a Beatle, hilarious!

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, and, your mosaic idea for kids is fabulous!

It doesn't even look hot in those horseback riding pics. What fun grandparents to have!

Anonymous said...

I think he meant curious george!