Ah the pitter patter of little feet. The sound that everyone associates with happy times and children. In my house, however, this is associated with
"GET BACK IN BED"
Oh the repetitiveness of every single night! I am thirsty, I can't sleep, I had a nightmare, I have to pee, I feel sick... Oh come on people! Do I look that gullible? Do you really think I woke up yesterday? Do you really think I will be remotely sympathetic after a long day of repeating myself dozens (no make that hundreds) of times, chasing Daniel around, making dinner, attempting to clean the house, and everything else that a mother entails? NO I am not sympathetic so GO BACK TO BED!
My question is at what age do we switch over from a refusal to go to bed to a refusal to get out of bed? I long for those days. Of course when those days come I will probably be blogging about how I long for the pitter patter of little feet. The grass is always greener and all that :)
So, how are things going you ask? You would think horrible from all that griping but today was fabulous! The boys went to camp and I had a babysitter come and watch Daniel while I went to the Museum of Fine Art for my art assignment. It felt so luxurious!
The boys love their camp. Ian's "The Magic of Science" camp is a real hit and now he practices his "tricks" on me while "not revealing the magician's secrets" Alex's "T-Rex Talks" class is also a hit with a slew of noises now coming from his mouth that I didn't realize it was possible for a human to make. Are they teaching him this stuff?
Our swim team is starting to come to a close but Ian is contemplating year round swimming. I just don't know if mom is up for this. Alex's swim lessons finish up this week but I can't say that honestly he has learned much of anything. Not sure what do with this. Alex wants to play basketball in the fall. If not he wants to play football. I have some researching to do on where to find these activities (that doesn't involve my joining the JCC for $85 a month)
Darren returns to town tomorrow. I can not wait. His is so missed while he is gone. I would say it is just the watching of the kids and doing the dishes but really I just miss him. I miss his coming home and giving me a hug. I miss having someone to talk with and cuddle up with at night. He is after all the love of my life.
Okay, sorry to slip into sentimental. I guess this blog posting is all over the emotional map. We had a delicious potato and jalepeno chowder tonight so be sure to take a moment and check out What's For Dinner to get some recipes.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Harrison's 12 and he still isn't at that teenage stage where he doesn't want to get out of bed. Jacob often doesn't want to get out of bed to get ready for school and he's 9 1/2, but he doesn't sleep late like a teenager or anything - he's happy to wake up by 8 ish.
Post a Comment