Sunday, June 15, 2008

Park City Day 4

So here it is Tuesday, and today the weather is gorgeous (or it was this morning anyway). We drove out to Salt Lake City and walked around the Red Butte Garden. This is like a huge nature center with everything you can imagine. The boys got backpacks with lists of birds in the area to search for, binoculars, magnifying glasses, and lots of activities. We walked around the herb gardens and then went to the FABULOUS kids area. This area had mazes, arts and crafts, water displays, firemans poles, picnic areas, hiking, and much more. The boys really enjoyed themselves and as I said the weather was beautiful.


There were herb gardens, medicine gardens, scent gardens... really a huge place.
It really was a beautiful garden.
Here the boys are in the children's garden.

Hiding in a maze.
Isn't this flower cool?
Look Out Lizards!
I can't resist a beautiful flower. Look at the enlarged version. I love my camera.

Ian with the tin man. You can't see it but he was sitting next to a bed - a flower bed to be exact (har-har)
Daniel decided that this piece of art sculpture was a perfect seat.
Here the boys got to make some craft flowers. Ian followed the instructions to a tee, Alex did whatever he felt like doing (definitely prefers to think outside the box.
As bright as Daniel is... I made that craft.


We came home for a quick nap and then (with some difficulty and irritation on both sides) went to Park City Resort. This amazing facility had giant slides, roller coasters, kids rides, hiking, ski lifts (which I was terrified to take Daniel on), and more than we could afford to be honest. This is when the cold front returned, we froze and learned that it was about to start snowing. So another trip to the store was made (luckily everything is 50% off due to the fact that it is summer) so the boys would stop shivering. Apparantly the jeans and long sleave shirts we bought on Saturday aren't heavy enough for snow weather. Now that we are fully winterized we will return to Houstons 90 degree weather and never wear this clothing again! Thank god this house was free and our plane tickets were on frequent miles otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford all this useless clothing!

Taking the chair lift up.
Getting ready to slide down. Alex and Darren in one, Me and Daniel in another and Ian on his own in between us.

Ready to go? Daniel giggled for a long way down.
Afterwards Daniel rode the kiddy ride.
The boys jumped.
Alex flipped over once, to end up feet up and unable to flip himself over.



Tomorrow we were supposed to go to the farmers market in town but do they operate in the snow? I still am in shock that in June it is going to be snowing.

I have been keeping up with my studies, took an online exam, spoke with my online study partner and have been reading my book. I am very proud of myself.

Tomorrow I hope to sleep in and then we will see what we do from there! Tada

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel free to send us the winter clothes :)