I have to tell you I LOVE SUMMER! Now that I am working and I have gotten a taste for the working mom's life, I really appreciate summertime. Before it was a headache. 3 kids at home with me all the time. Now it is wonderful (except when Darren is gone) to spend some time with them. So I will list what I love about summer now
1.) Daniel's laugh when I chase him down the hallway.
2.) Watching Ian waste the day away reading a good book.
3.) Looking at Alex's elaborate pictures that always involve a story and some mazes.
4.) Growing our garden.
5.) The trampoline.
6.) Water hoses.
7.) The pool.
8.) Book camp.
9.) The excitement of other camps.
10.) I am finally not too exhausted to read!
Speaking of reading, I went to my Junior League bookclub today and it was so much fun. Who knew a group of bookworms could be so fun? We had a book swap and everyone talked about the favorite book they brought. Quite the variety. I left with three new to me and exciting books. I got to eat some icecream from The Chocolate Bar (if you haven't been you should check it out). I had fabulous conversation and met some great women. I was witty and funny (okay probably just semi-interesting but hey in my head everything is better).
11.) Having the time and energy to blog again (new readers just skip the past 6 months and go back to see how fun and funny we really are).
12.) Tie Dying - party at our house on Saturday to say good-bye to our dear friend Javier.
13.) The swim pool.
14.) Shabbat services (now that we have made that a priority again except on this Saturday when we are tie-dyeing).
15.) Vacations -we are living it up in San Antonio this summer. We are also spending a weekend in Bryan, Texas watching baseball in the owners box.
16.) Hopeful vacations (trying desperately to find someone who is willing to go on a weekend trip with me. Come on. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?)
17.) Day trips. We have trips to moody gardens and galveston. I hope to plan a trip to Brenham again?
18.) Hot, Humid and Mosquitos (oh wait that is the things I hate about summer list)
19.) Snuggling up with Darren at night not worried about waking up early in the morning.
20.) Being able to call my friends and chat between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and noon when I am usually working but now I am not.
Oh my list could go on. I am so happy and I don't take all those things for granted anymore like I did when I was at home.
That having been said... When it rains it pours. I applied to begin my Master's program starting on June 29th. I was just contacted by an elementary school principal that our Mural (the one that will take me approximately 100+ hours to paint) is almost ready to begin. In the fall I begin my new (awesome) preK 4 position.
Life will be hectic again but OH SO GOOD! We are healthy (Thank God), We are happy (except when we aren't) and I really have nothing to complain about.
Till tomorrow (because now I have the time to blog)
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will go on a weekend trip with you!!!
i love summer too, for many of those reasons, plus...
NO HOMEWORK!
No making lunches first thing in the morning...
No rushing out the door at 7:30...
A later bedtime for the kids
and did i mention NO HOMEWORK! :)
Post a Comment