It was really fun to watch her and amazing that she has grown up into this beautiful, responsible, fun and interesting young woman. I still see her as the little girl from my photos.
Me and Morgan
Me and my sister with Morgan and her father Frank's family.
Here we are at the party. Alex, Darren, Ian, myself and Daniel
Top row (left to right): Ted (my brother), Char (my mom), Frank (my uncle), Darren, me, Cindy (my grandmother), Audrey (my sister), Shawn (Audrey's husband) with Riley on his shoulders, Morgan (the woman of the hour), Bill (my dad) with Daniel on his shoulders, Luziette(my cousin), Luziette's husband and son.
Bottom row (left to right): Patti (my aunt), Alex, Ian, and Brandon (my nephew)
Daniel showing off
Morgan watching the sweet video her mom made about her life.
Everyone else watching
Ted (my brother), Audrey (my sister), Shawn (Audrey's husband), Riley and Char (my mom)
They had food just sitting out which my kids took as a free for all. Chips, skittles, m&m's, veggies... they had it all and my kids ate it all.
My dad (otherwise known as Beba) with Daniel
Not sure what happened here but Alex definitely doesn't look happy. Like the matching tie dye? Someone commented that Darren always matches one of the kids. The reality is that we have so much tie dye the odds are in his favor he will match someone.
On another note, my friend Lauren (who hasn't ever met Darren) thinks he is a hippy because of all the tie dye. That cracked me up because if anyone was ever so far from hippy it would be Darren. He is so straight laced and serious to most people. Of course I know he is fun and I love seeing his fun side come out with all the tie dye. (guess I am rubbing off on him)
After dinner, we continued eating with the cake.
A little running around. Of course this is different from the standard Piper obsticle courses that are usually set up. I need to run that idea by Darren's family and see if they can be convinced of it. A drink or two, an obstacle course, maybe a watermelon seed spitting contest and kids fake fireworks... Doesn't that sound like a good fourth of July?
Hope you are having a nice weekend. After services today we will be headed to the Watermelon Thump in Luling (understand where I got the watermelon seed spitting contest?) It should be fun. Darren and I used to go to festivals all the time but haven't as much with kids. Time to get it started again. I love going to small towns, seeing what they think is exciting, learning about the town and the people, having some fun and a few laughs (usually). And with our tie dye shirts I don't have to worry about losing my family in the crowd. :)
2 comments:
Just stopping by from another website to check out your blog. It's very good and I'll be bookmarking it for updates :) Have a great weekend.
nice photos. congrats to morgan. i love the photo of your dad and daniel. looks like a fun party - the kids are lucky that they have cousins their age that they now see more often.
Post a Comment