I was talking to my sister about what our house was like before Daniel was born. How the boys were so absorbed in what Darren and I did for work. They were fascinated by the fact that Darren sometimes fires people. (do you remember this?)
First, Ian was terrified that people would FIRE people. As in with hot flaming fire. So we had to explain what firing was exactly.
Then they decided to act out firing on me. This took place by walking up to me and hitting me and saying "You're Fired". Now this obviously also needed to be adjusted. "Daddy doesn't hit people when he fires them."
So our routine was perfected. I would have to sit on the couch pretending I wasn't doing my job, then one of the boys would walk in with their manager's kit (yes we do have one) and say... "You are not doing a good job at this time. I am sorry to say this isn't going to work out and you are fired."
Then we would start all over again with me pretending not to do my job. It was very much like groundhogs day the movie.
It still makes me smile to think about it and now we have a new one (Daniel) who is ready for the managers kit with the glasses, briefcase, notepad, pen, donut and coffee cup :)
Hope you are having a great day.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Its not you...its me
Post a Comment