Saturday, September 16, 2006

By boys are gone :(

Well this morning Darren and the boys left for San Antonio to go to the A&M vs. Army game with Bernie and Esther. They even took the dogs (thank you so much for putting that fence up). So it is just me and Daniel. At first the quiet was nice but now I am bored and ready for everyone to return. They all called because Ian is very concerned about whether I am having a good time. I have to say that I am because if I am not he wants to come home so I can have a good time. Isn't he sweet? He really has a gentle heart. He wanted me to listen to all the things happening in the stadium, including his seat moving up and down and his sign waving. He really is enjoying himself. How can you not enjoy life when you are around children? Everything is such an amazing adventure.

Oh and several of you have asked how the boys are adjusting. Well Ian informed me that he is ready for me to have three girls now. I asked him "Isn't it hard having a baby in the house and being a big brother?" He said "not anymore" So i guess the adjustment period is over.

Lets see what else is going on. Slowly seeing improvement with Daniel. Finding techniques that work (after every sleeping contraption possible). My friend Blythe told me to be sure I am swaddling him and I went out and bought a swaddling blanket. Works wonderful. He sat in a swing for an hour yesterday and today I was able to shower !!! Woohoo - the things you get excited about.

I am glad to feel like life is getting back to a semblance of normal. Waiting to get in to see a pediatric GI and also talk about whether some of this could be food allergy related??? Thursday night Daniel nursed from 2a m until 7 am. STRAIGHT and if I tried to stop him he started screaming!! So that next day I was so tired i forgot to lock my car for a whopping 10 minutes while i ran in to get the kids and someone stole my ID and credit card. DARNITT! One more hassle.

Oh and alex (who still loves school) learned his sound "m" He is very proud of himself. And I am very proud of him. I love that school.

Well I will go back to my t.v. watching and try to get a little sleep.

No comments: