Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thank god for the baby carrier

So I am starting to get the hang of Daniel being on my body all the time. I have a baby carrier that stays in my car and one that stays at the house. I am able to get a lot more accomplished, do fun things with the boys and not kill my back. Daniels reflux bothers him less because he is upright and therefore he sleeps better (of course only while I am holding him). So tonight after a HORRIBLE nights sleep last night and with Darren working late this week I plopped the kids in front of the t.v (I know that is horrible) and put Daniel in the carrier to cook dinner. Lately any dinner that requires the chopping of onions - well those get left out. It loses some of the flavor but I don't have the energy.

Of course the lady who is in town from Darrens work.. well he invited her to dinner thursday night so I have to try to get the house in some sort of order and fix a nice dinner. BLECH like I don't have enough to do :)

We also skipped Ian's guitar lesson today because I took the boys to the doctor. Ian has two ear infections - poor baby. Alex's tubes are still in and doing the job, thank god for little favors.

Darren has promised me to take Daniel from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m. so that I can get afew hours sleep and function tomorrow - hopefully better than today.

Oh and do you know that Ian's teacher says to me this morning "Ian is so proud of his little brother Daniel and says he is excited that you said you will have more" I about fell over. Now I am not saying we are definitely done but I can guarantee you that I haven't promised him any more and certainly not the three girls he has asked for. :)

As I am sitting here Daniel must have gone to the bathroom because it is wafting up the carrier and smells - STINKY!!! So do i disrupt him and go change his diaper, risking that I wont' get anything else accomplished or do I put something over my nose and keep on going? Tough decisions. Maybe tomorrow I will let you know what I decided :)

Till then

No comments: