Well it is the day before Yom Kippur, the boys have been pretty good as we tried to get stuff done for that day of rest and reflection (of course this was all getting done on the Sabbath which is also supposed to be a day of rest). Darren has been forced to bump up his productivity and child watching this weekend as I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown with those two very active boys and the one who wants to be attached to my breast at all times. There are moments where I thank god that I have Ian and Alex because otherwise it would seem overwhelming and never ending the difficult times with Daniel. But I just look at them and know that soon he will be grown up so much and so fun and very much more independent.
Ian surprised us this week by being able to name the seven continents. Can you believe at 4 he knows this? I can't. Oh and he has picked Star Wars as his birthday party theme. Much to my dismay but what can you do? The days of picking his party themes are over. I did say NO to power rangers. The funny thing is that he doesn't even know any of these characters other than what he has been told at the playground.
So I am trying to limit our birthday party invitation list so that I don't end up with more people at the party than we had at our wedding. Well Ian doesn't want to invite a couple of close friends... he has no reason just doesn't want to. But he is adament that he doesn't want them there. So... the question. If there are people that really should be invited, do I invite them anyways or do I follow his wishes? Feel free to post your answer on the blog (rather than emailing me)
Alex is slowly starting to telling me things from school... Apparantly a while ago someone threw up in his class. So what I know is all the YUCK stuff that happens and very little else. Oh and he learned about bees. Well he is happy and loves it so I can't complain.
Well it is after 10 pm. I have finished the grocery list for the next two weeks and I will crawl into bed ( just in time for daniel to wake up hungry). Why is it i am nursing??
Till then.
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is such a pleasure to read your blog. And so good to hear about the boys. I'm as always especially fascinated with Ian. I'm also very impressed that you are still nursing. Garrett only slept about 3 hours at a time the first few weeks. Drove me crazy. But I found if I burped him more often he'd sleep longer. Anyway, blessings, Picasso.
With love,
Darlene
Oh! I moved into town and it's great!
Oh, keep the breastmilk flowing! It will get better soon. I am so impressed with your endurance. Thank you for being so frank--I need to know the truth about having three!
Nicole --
I say that if Ian has strong feelings towards not inviting certain people and you have asked him several times, that you just don't invite those people. He can deal with the consequences if they decide not to invite him to their party's in return.
BTW...that last one was from Audrey...I just didn't feel like creating a login
BTW...that last one was from Audrey...I just didn't feel like creating a login
Post a Comment