Boy I don't know what the deal was last night but Daniel was up all night. He wasn't horribly fussy but certainly wasn't sleepy. I was up from about 1:30-4:00 with various 5 minute catnaps in between. Then Darren was up from about 4:00 until 6:00 this morning. Finally Darren crawled into bed with Daniel asleep just as at 6:30 the boys wake up for the day. Arrghhh!
Well yesterday was a yucky day. The boys were all supposed to go to an A&M game but with the weather so rainy with thunder and lightening Darren decided it wasn't worth the trip. It was a good thing because it turned out that 290 (the road to take to college station) was completely shut down the entire afternoon and evening due to an overturned tanker. So instead we went to blockbuster, rented a movie, popped popcorn, ordered pizza and watched television. We turned off the lights so that it would be movie theatre-esque but of course Ian pointed out that our television isn't nearly as large as the screen at the theatre. It was fun. We all cuddled and enjoyed each others company.
Bragging for a minute about Ian... We were at the table yesterday and Darren was talking about space. He says to me "You know they redefined the definition of planets?" So I said "no" to which Ian says "they removed pluto" Darren and I had to pick our jaws up off the table. Apparantly they said something at school but I couldn't believe all the things that he knows.
Otherwise things are good. The high of having the baby has worn off and the sleep deprevation has kicked in a bit. Combine that with not leaving the house much for fear of getting daniel sick and I am trying to ward off any hint of the "baby blues". I think this next week I will try to get out of the h ouse a bit more. I took Daniel to Target yesterday, put him in the baby carrier I have and shopped for an hour. It felt good to be out.
But staring at this little bundle of perfection has brought such joy to my life, made me realize even more how important family is and made me mourn the relationship I have with my family members. Monday Daniel will be two weeks old and not one person (besides my aunt) will have seen him. He has already changed so much and they have completely missed it. Of course this seemed even more sad when Darren's family has been so supportive and helpful. Just like it pointed out what I am missing in my own family.
Well enough of that downer. I told you I am tired :)
Off to get the boys breakfast.
Till tomorrow!
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, hang in there! Glad you could get out to Target. That place always cheers me up! Can't believe it opened there right when we moved. :(
Can't wait to see more pics of little Daniel.
Post a Comment