Sorry it has taken so long to post. As you can imagine it has been hectic. I will start with the most recent and work backwards
Ian and I both have strep. We are both on anti-biotics.
Oh inbetween Alex geting better and Ian getting strep the boys had their first swim lessons. Went well. Ian wants to be on swim team this summer. And we signed both boys up for soccer. Darren is going to be Ian's coach.
I read this article about eating organic foods and now I want to give it a try. We will see if it breaks the bank for us (as we already spend a lot on groceries, as those of you who have seen Ian and Alex eat can imagine) I went to a farmers market and had so much fun buying fresh fruits and vegetables as well as honey and nut butters, snack foods, etc. I have this big bowl of fruit on the table that the boys can take a piece when they want. What better way to encourage healthy eating.
We had an entire conversation with the boys about America and the two party system the other night. Ian wanted to know the difference between Democrats and "Replubicans". How do you break that down for a 5 year old, also knowing that if you make it sound too biased that it will all be repeated to others? This was the best I could do. "Democrats believe in having a larger government to help others who can't help themselves. Republicans don't. Also Democrats believe that men can marry men and women can marry women. Republican's don't. " I know that is definitely an oversimplification and not all democrats and republicans have the same views. I didn't get into more controversial topics like war and abortion. It was the best I could do but it did make Ian say "Oh someone in my class is a Replubican." Really? "Yes Benjamin doesn't believe boys can marry boys". HA! I didn't get into the technicalities of being legally married so Benjamin probably meant that but who knows really. I just said Okay. For those of you that don't know Darren's brother is married to a boy (or I guess he is a man) so Ian has had more than one conversation with people that you can marry a boy. Oh and on that note I did have to explain that NO, Mark is not Trents brother also. And NO you can't marry your brother :)
Ian wants to be president. He is glad to hear Darren is 36 and can run for president, so why doesn't he? Alex can be president after Ian is. Oh and Alex doesn't ever want to be married or have kids. He only wants to have to cook what he wants and not for anyone else.
I know I write more about Ian than Alex but at the dinner table Ian tells us all about everything and Alex says every night "I can't remember. I told my brain to remember but it didn't"
Ian told us that at school he learned all about proteins and White Mints. I think he learned about Vitamins but he swears it is white mints. Also, besides being president Ian wants to be an Indian woman and walks around with a sticker on his forehead almost daily.
I have decided to start doing yoga again. I am trying to find a place that I like b/c the place I looked at yesterday was kindof wonky and starts out hitting your stomach 300-500 times as a warm up. Seemed a bit odd to me. I haven't started doing it again because it is expensive but for the amount of money I have been spending on doctors appointments and medicine for sleep and all the ailments that acompany lack of sleep I should end up ahead.
I asked Darren if he wants me to post anything and he said no. He couldn't think of anything to say. I guess Alex takes after his dad.
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a nice long post to read! Hope you and Ian feel better. Soccer and swim team.. sounds like your life of activities is starting! I told you it would happen soon! :)
Love, Barbara
Post a Comment