So Ian showered all by himself yesterday. He wants so badly to be a grown up. I sat outside the shower talking to him while he washed his own hair and body about 5 times each. I eventually had to tell him enough. But he was so proud that he was cleaner than I make him. Then I proceeded to blow his hair dry - all 1 inch of it - per his request. Then I put hair gell in it to "make it shiny" Of course this was all before he went to bed to mess it all up, but I didn't point that out to him.
I have been sick all weekend. Wobbly, dizzy and then nauseous by the end of day due to the motion sickness. Ian has been taking care of me, desperately trying to make me feel better and telling me things like "I think you are not feeling well because you are tired from so little sleep due to Daniel". Can't argue that but really think it is an inner ear thing.
Alex is sick with God knows what. But spiking fevers and shaking in bed with 4 blankets tonight. So tomorrow I will be trying to get in to my ENT, taking Alex to the doc, taking Ian for his 5 yr. check up and taking Daniel for his 4 month check up. What a fun day it will be :)
But Ian and Alex got to go spend their $25 gift cards at Borders bookstore today. Boy did they have fun with their "credit cards". Alex got a ton of cheap books - one shaped like a motorcycle designed for a 1 year old but shaped like a motorcycle which apparantly makes it cool, a fantastic four book, and a bunch that I can't remember. Ian got an Atlas - yes you heard that right he wanted an Atlas along with a couple of chapter books b/c that is his new thing. And we picked out a couple of books for Daniel. I did convince Ian not to get the U.S. road map book or the book on Christianity. Don't ask. If there is a book about religion out there, he will want to read it. If that boy doesn't grow up to be a rabbi I will be very suprised.
Darren convinced me not to tell his goofy story. His guidelines were that if it is just stupid and/or embarassing I can but if it is disgusting I can't so... I will leave it to your imagination which honestly is probably worse than what he did at this point and would be disappointing.
Oh and the excitement of today was that a dove went crazy on our window, attacking his reflection until exhausted.
Till tomorrow
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Comments:
1. I always say who I am in comments, so that's not me! :) I'm also your most regular "commenter."
2. I, too, haven't been feeling well with some sort of inner ear thing... since last Tuesday! I wonder if we got the same virus bug or something? I woke up tues with the room spinning out of control. It only last a minute, but happens every time I lie down, sit back up or roll over. Doesn't happen during the day, except when I got my hair washed at Trent's salon. I also feel a little wobbly sometimes during the day (sort of "off balance,") but that could be my imagination. I have a dr appt tomorrow, but I talked to him on Tues from Texas and he said it was probably "positional vertigo," which is an inner ear thing that takes time to resolve but isn't serious.
I hope we both feel better!
Oh, we're back, by the way. I'll do an update tomorrow and will email pictures as soon as I can.
Love, Barbara
I hope you feel better! And, I hope your tour de docs goes well...
Okay...so now I am thinking it must rank up there with the tampon getting lost story...Nicole, you know what I am talking about :)
Post a Comment