Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What a treat!

So today started out so wonderfully!!! It didn't ice over as it was expected so Darren left for work, when my phone rang at it was another mom from UOS who had just checked my blog and saw that I had been sick. She was calling to see if I would like her to swing by and pick up the boys so I didn't have to take Daniel out in the freezing cold. I felt too goofy to say yes because we could do it but she said "Wouldn't it be a treat" and yes it would be so I thanked her. IT WAS AWESOME!!! Daniel ate and went down for a nap almost immediately after she left and I got to sit down, have a cup of coffee, watch the news and then finish a painting I have been wanting to get done for about 6 months now. Seriously what a luxury. I took a picture of my painting and as soon as I have a second I have several pictures to upload. It is 1:00 and I have also gotten dinner made and spent some quality time with Daniel before he woke up. I also have come up with a good idea for a business but I am going to ask an attorney about my idea before I move forward. I will let you know as I know something. It isn't something I would do though, it is something that I would just sell as an idea to another company if I could make it work.

Here is the piece I finished.

Oh and last night I went to a yoga class. It was really nice but I am not positive that is the best place for me so I will keep looking around.

Alex went to school today with two different shoes on because we couldn't find one of them and he wanted to wear the one he could find and the other type of shoe one the other foot. I pick my battles but god knows what those teachers think of me.

Otherwise things are good and I am not going to waste any more of this precious time blogging.
Adios

4 comments:

Barbara said...

How nice that you got some well deserved free time!

Hey, don't forget I'm an attorney if you want to ask me any questions! :) And I'm free. But litigation was my specialty, so I might not be able to help you.

Love, Barbara

angela | the painted house said...

Yea! I get to see one of your paintings now!! At first I thought it may be a family portrait but there are only four figures...will you share your thoughts? I'm so happy you had some creative time! And, I love your simplicity of line!

Nicole said...

well i painted something in a similar style after I had Ian and someone at Ian's school commissioned me to make one of her family So here it is.

Glad you like it.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't big into yoga either but I hear they have this thing called hot yoga where you do it in a steam room! That sounds incredible. I think it will have to wait till this baby comes out though.