Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Gala

Yes all our hard work finally paid off at the big fundraiser - UOS 30th Anniversary Gala. Here Darren and I are out on the town, well maybe just around the corner, but it is the first night out since Daniel was born. It was a wonderful beginning but Daniel (as I suspected) would have none of that and Darren had to run home and work at getting him to sleep. Bernie pointed out that their 137 years of experience was no help against him 6 months of experience. Luckily Darren made it back so we could enjoy the rest of our evening.


Here we are all dolled up for a night out on the town.
LIke my straigthened hair? (you can click on the picture to see larger version)
Tammy spent an hour doing this to me but I think it is cute

Eileen and Teri looking dressed to kill.

Me and Melissa trying not to cry of relief that this was finally over.
YEAH I have my friend back.

Blythe and Nir. Any day now Blythe is going to have baby number 3.
Any guesses as to a boy or girl? Any great name suggestions- B or S? I am pushing for Brenden but I don't think I have the finally say.

Beautiful music.

Wonderful company.

Ms. Hetty Pearl, the director, and her hysterical husband embarrasing her in front of everyone. She couldn't get that present open to save her life so Darren pulled out his trusty pocket knife (ever the boyscout) and helped. Of course now no one wants to invite us over for fear of the knives.

Anyone want to bid on this beautiful rocking chair?
$100, $200- come on your child helped to paint this.

That rocking horse went for $500.00 Even though it is a good cause I cant bring myself to spend money on something I could easily do at home or get my kids to do. But the catered dinner for 24 went for $4200.00... I just think how nice it must be to show up and not think twice about spending that kind of money. I was stressed over the $30 dress I bought to attend.

I did however get sucked into the bidding war over an afternoon with the teachers. Alex gets to go to the zoo with his teacher and Ian gets to go to get icecream with his. I know they both will be thrilled and it is a good cause AND it isn't something that will clutter up my house. :) That money will be even more well spent if we end up moving.

Overall good food and good company. Couldn't have asked for more.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

You look very pretty and it looks like a fun evening. The "date with a teacher" items are the most popular things at our school as well. I've bought them before and the kids enjoy them. The most expensive item at our auction is the reserved parking space... I got it last year for $750, but the year before it went for over $1,000 (I stopped before it went that high!) One at a nearby school went for over $9,000!!!

angela | the painted house said...

You look AMAZING!!! I can't believe that dress was $30! Hubba-hubba!