Tuesday, February 27, 2007

True Love

So I just quickly wanted to tell you that last night I am sleeping and I briefly wake up at some time around 2 a.m. to Darren softly tucking me in. So I asked him in the morning, thinking maybe I dreamt it, "Did you tuck me in last night?" He says "yes" I said "Did I look cold?" He said "No. I was up with Alex who had to go to the bathroom and I noticed your blanket was off so I pulled it up." OH MY GOODNESS. Talk about the little acts that show the most love. Now he thinks I am making too big a deal about this but I just felt so loved by that one act.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

That is very, very sweet. We both got blessed with two very wonderfully thoughtful husbands -- since they're brothers, it must be in their genes and/or mom and dad did an excellent job of raising them! (are you seeing this mom and dad?)

There have been many a nights over the years when I have complained about cold feet and Marlon leaves the warm comfort of our bed to get me some socks and put them on my feet!

He doesn't do as well with the covers, though. he tends to hog those! :)

angela | the painted house said...

So sweet to tuck you in AND get up with Alex. You have a good one!