Tuesday, February 06, 2007

This busy weekend

So as you can tell we had soccer games this weekend. Our saturday was that I woke up early and went to the Farmers Market. I met both boys for Alex's 9:00 soccer game, We rushed over to Ians 10:15 soccer game and then afterwards spent the afternoon relaxing and going to an art show that happens every month. The boys bought their next round of thank you cards from a 10 year old kid who draws pictures, scans them into a computer, prints out the cards and sells them. His proceeds go to buy cows for needy countrys. Pretty cool. He has already bought 4 - $500 cows with the proceeds.

Sunday Darren took Ian in the morning to the grocery store while Alex went to a gymnastics party then in the afternoon they both had a party to go to. Overall a fun but exhausting weekend. Glad that I have the good sense to just say no sometimes. I think we would all be wound up too much if that is what every day was like.


Here is alex at his 1/2 hour practice before the game begins. Can you tell it was cold outside?


I was so SO proud of Ian. The other team was short a person so he volunteered to play for the other team until another kid arrived. He kindof regretted it after the fact b/c playing with people he doesn't know intimidated him but it was done with such a big heart. (this is why he is in white here and red later)


I was trying to get a picture of Ian and Andy (the tall kid to the left of Ian) but when I said Ian, Andy let me get a picture all the other kids ran into the picture :)


Can you tell how much fun Ian is having? Every photo I have of him he is grinning from ear to ear (except the one where he was playing goalie and missed the ball, there he is mad)


Here we are bundled up and ready to go look at some art!!




TOO CUTE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you order cards from that kid who draws them or does he only do local stuff?

Barbara said...

Photos are great! The boys look like they're having a lot of fun with soccer! The red sweatshirts look almost still new... hard to believe they've been through Harrison and Jacob before getting to your kids (well, I think one just started with jacob b/c they had them at the same time.)