We had a nice time on our trip to New Braunfels. The boys thoroughly enjoyed seeing their California cousins and braved many of the rides at Schlitterbahn. I have photos to develop (can you even remember the times before digital?) and some to upload. The rest Barbara took and I will have to wait for them to return from the second leg of their trip before I can share. Look forward to more information tomorrow.
Oh and I hope you had a nice, festive and reflective fourth of July. I feel very blessed to live in this country. I feel grateful not only to the soldiers who fight for our freedom but to their families that must brave the uncertainty of their future. The very short period of time that Darren was activated but not sent overseas (for those of you that didn't know me then) was the most stressful time of my life. I was terrified for him and my family. I was pregnant at the time and partially blame this for the early labor I experienced and bed rest that followed. I can not imagine the experience as a wife (or husband) having your spouse overseas fighting for our freedoms. It sounds noble but really it is horrible. How do you explain this to your children? How do you survive? I guiltily thank god every day that Darren left the military. I also thank god for all those families who haven't left the military. I will not take you and your sacrifices for granted.
On that reflective note, I will say goodnight.
Saturday, July 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment