Sunday, July 13, 2008

Update

I can not remember what all I wrote so here is a not so brief summary:

Daniel:
New phrase "Nice Shoes" We like to work at getting good with the ladies early. Also has learned to say sorry and armpit. He loves to chase the boys around and get them to wrestle with him (which generally gets them in trouble). He asks to be hugged any time he is upset and holds his kisses back so that he can use them like bribery when he really wants something. He is now obsessed with books and wants to be read to all day long. His favorites are "Goodnight Moon" which he loves to say hush at the appropriate times, "Hand Hand Finger Thumb" by Dr. Seuss, the "Its Okay" book, That's not my dinosaur book which has lots of interaction and the "Happy New Year" book passed on from the cousins in California where he happily repeats Tekiya, Trua, etc.


Here is Daniel playing cowboy with the big boys in his new thanks to Grandma cowboy hat. Apparently straddling that horse is hysterical because he starts laughing so hard he falls off after mounting it.

Alex:
He really is enjoying the martial arts class he is taking. Based on his imagination play lately it will help him become a better musketeer later in life. Speaking of his imagination it astonishes me! When we do crafts his always involve a long story plot and many fictional characters. (see tomorrows blog). Him and "doggie" have many good times. They visit places (currently he wants to take a trip to North Dakota because they run commercials on Qubo the channel we watch), they drink beer (don't ask), they see inappropriate movies (and frequently non-existent movies like Star Wars 26 which is rated PG-12 in case you were wondering). Overall I must say that "doggie" is not a good influence.

Ian:
Tonight Ian tried drinking soy milk. YES you heard me right. We experimented to see if we are past our allergy and as it has been 4 hours and no reaction. I am hoping we are now in the clear - WOOHOO! He already has his second wiggly tooth and is reading up a storm. His imagination has dwindled in his old age (I remember the days of his make believe little sister Sarah who was small enough to fit in his pocket). Now we are determined to create artwork and experiences that are exact replicas of what we see.

Yesterday a friend took Ian and Alex to a theatre production by themselves. They went and saw Sleeping Beauty and really enjoyed the independence.

Today we went to the Museum of Fine Art to make some personalized coins and sketch in the galleries. It was fun, until Daniel decided he wanted to be out of his stroller and touch everything. That is when we left.

Darren is excitedly awaiting the beginning of his new job at the beginning of next month. Did I talk about this? His company is expanding the oil side so he is in charge of creating all the HR policies and plans for this company. For me this is great because now he will work closer and get home about an hour earlier every day. This is bad for me because he hired a lovely, pretty, young recruiter. I will now be forced to show up unexpectedly at his work, wearing very sexy outfits so no one thinks they can hone in on my man. (Yes I have low self esteem and will probably really do this).

I went shopping and found a cute little dress with polka dots and flowers to match my equally cute polka dotted shoes.
(click on picture for a larger image)
Yes I am aware I am missing a head here. I had no makeup on and my hair was sticking up from the previous nights sleep so I just cut it off :) The advantage of being the one doing the blogging.

I am doing tons of crafts with the boys as it keeps me out of the heat and yet entertains everyone. I of course love it and the boys seem to as well. I am enjoying cooking more now that we don't eat meat and I am not handling bloody chicken corpses (yuck). I have tons of new recipes posted if you want to check them out! I am swamped with this Art History course but really enjoy it. I definitely want to return to school and then finally return to work but I am terrified at the implications this will have on my family. I feel like I am being selfish and as a mother it is my job to be selfless. I must admit that the thought of returning to work excites me tremendously!

We are joining a gym (this would be the benefit Darren got as he lost access to the company home when switching over to the oil side) so I am hoping to get my post-pregnancy body (yes even after 2 yrs) back into shape. I will let you know how that goes for me!

That should be enough to tide you over until tomorrow's art post. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks for the update. After being with you, it's hard to be apart again and not know what's been going on with you guys! We all miss all of you.

Cute dress and shoes.

I wouldn't worry too much about the young, pretty recruiter - I know Darren only has eyes for you.

angela | the painted house said...

Please do a post about you wearing something sexy to Darren's work. Please.

Love headless you and your adorable dress! Next time leave the head in!