
Excuse that this was off center. He just looked so happy in it.
Ian made me swear that I would put up a picture of his tooth. This is the best I could do. Sorry. And alas now the toothfairy has hold of that tooth (ie. memory box)Otherwise things are good. We have been doing a TON of arts and crafts. I will put pictures up on Monday. I have to go study for my class so I will have to write more later :)
Addition: Tonight I ran out and bought Ian a book "Junie B. Jones the Toothless Wonder" and signed it "I heard you like books. The Toothfairy". I put a $1 bill in it along with the certificate. Sneaking it in without his seeing was catchy b/c of course he sat up the second I walked in but I just CAN'T WAIT to see his face tomorrow. For those of us that don't celebrate Christmas and don't have the fun of Santa Clause this is about as close as we get :)
4 comments:
Congrats to Ian. Very exciting. We let our kids believe in the fun of the tooth fairy until they started questioning how the tooth fairy could get in our house at night with the alarm on, but bad guys still couldn't and how did the tooth fairy know when a certain kid had lost a tooth or not. So we finally told them it was us, but they still enjoy getting a little tooth fairy treat, although Harrison and Michela have lost all their teeth already. Jacob still has quite a few.
Congrats! How exciting! And funny, too, as my 6.5 year old also just lost a tooth! It was his third, but still so exciting. :D I actually intended to do Tooth Fairy things, but his first came out while I was out of town - and my hubby didn't even find the tooth! No idea what happened to it. Then with the second, we were so excited about the tooth (being the first anyone actually SAW come out) that I forgot to do anything else. LOL And we've never discussed the Tooth Fairy with him, either. Come to think of it, we don't do Santa or the Easter Bunny, or any of those things. My poor kids! LOL
Congratulations, Ian! You look handsome!
As the author of a picture book about a very big-attitude tooth fairy with high-tech gadgets, one of the questions I get from school kids when I do school visits is: "Is the tooth fairy real?"
One little girl went so far as to say, "Is the tooth fairy real? Please, please tell me pretty please with a cherry on top!"
Calling her up to stand with me in front of 300 kids ranging from Kindergarten to fourth grade, I looked at her and said, "Yes, the tooth fairy is real. But like all fairies, she simply disappears when YOU stop believing in her."
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I could never tell a kid otherwise -- because I still believe in the tooth fairy myself! ;-)
Sheri Bell-Rehwoldt
Author, You Think It's Easy Being the Tooth Fairy?
12,000 copies sold!
www.4kids.Bell-Rehwoldt.com
Post a Comment