No, this isn't a joke I am about to tell. This is the story of what my boys do.
My mom came over and spent the night on Tuesday night The boys. She spoiled them horribly. Took them for donuts, let them drink caffinated soda (never), took them to play tennis (too hot), taught Ian how to start on his two-wheel bike without training wheels (by showing no sympathy for his whining and informing him "no pain no gain), she took them to buy hats (because Alex pathetically informed her he doesn't have a baseball hat that fits anymore), Ian picked a rabbi's hat (think black chassidic-feel free to google it) that I think looks more like a pimping hat but hey, Alex picked a baseball cap, then they stayed up all night watching movies. Now I don't mean up all night because they normally go to bed at 7pm. I mean all night! At 7pm they began their movie marathon of "Happy Feet", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "Magic School Bus", "The Sword and the Stone". They had a mid night campfire (errr... sink and lighter) where they roasted marshmallows. At two a.m. when my mom couldn't get the other movie to work they went to bed. 2AM PEOPLE!
Needless to say my boys had a blast and I think they are still recovering.
Now for Daniel.. He cracks me up. Starting today and working backward...
We went to the park and he encountered two bullies (3 yr olds) who wouldn't let him do what he wanted on the equipment. When he wouldn't back down the shoved him. To this did he cower? No he yelled "NO PUSH ME" and did it anyway. I was so proud.
We went to the synagogue to buy him some kippahs (you know the little hats Jews wear on their heads). The little ladies working let him go through the drawers to pick his out. He looks through them all and then starts to try them on "No too big" . Next. "No too big". Over and over. I about died and we did get two. He is so cute.
And in case you didn't know. He is apparently married. When I was talking to my friend Jill on the phone he came over to inform me "Ms. Jill, My Wife!" What? Surely I didn't hear that correctly. "Ms. Jill, my wife." Is Ms. Jill your wife? "Yes." Oh okay. Send the police. She is a polygamist :)
Off to bed. This week I need to work on planning Daniel's Birthday party (can you believe he is almost 2 yrs old?), finishing up my final for my art history class, begin studying for the GRE (Which I moronically keep calling the GED. If I can't keep this straight how will I take the exam)
Tomorrow we are going to NASA and I haven't even thought about our weekend plans. Wish us luck!
On another note... Go to Friends of George. One woman on a quest to raise enough money to treat her husband's cancer. For only $1 you too can help. Why not look? Why not help? What better way could you spend $1?
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi there!!!
THANK YOU for the shout out here about our fundraiser and for visiting my site and wanting to get the cookbook!!
I just checked my email and saw your comment so I decided to pop on over here and answer your questions!!
1- If you want multiple copies you can just put in the # you'd like to order at the paypal site and then when you receive the link, you are welcome to print out/forward as many of those cookbooks as you ordered. I only send one link- it's set up on an auto-reply with my email. (not overly technical here, so it's the best I came up with).
2- The recipes really aren't on what I consider the "healthy" list. They are old, delicious recipes from dear friends and family members. It's more of a nostalgic type cookbook. I think several of them could easily be altered to fit any dietary need, however. I had thought about changing them, but decided I didn't want to alter these time-honored recipes for the book.
You're welcome about the tip!! I was a panicked mess last night, so I am SOO glad I found the answer- and I'm just trying to help others in my predicament! haha!
Post a Comment