But before we get to the good stuff.
We spent all day doing "work" around the house and running errands. We went to SAM's club. We went to the grocery store. We took the dogs to get bathed (and picked them up which was impressive). We went to office depot and all the boys got hair cuts. It is always funny trying to describe what the boys want. I start with Ian. "Umm... Well he is trying to grow his hair out to look like the beetles. Around the late 60s?? You know long but please attempt to keep it a bit out of his eyes and off his ears so it doesn't just look like we don't get his hair cut." Although today Ian was asking about Barrack Obama's hair and how he gets it that short while still having hair. I thought surely we were shaving it off, but no. Then we are on to Alex. "Umm.. Alex wants his hair trimmed up all over. Relatively short on the sides and top. Trimmed up all over except he is growing out his side burns so don't cut those. Yes he wants them long and curly. Don't ask." Darren thinks he looks like the Vulcans from Star Trek.
I know you wish you were us.
Today Daniel completely stripped down to nothing. NOTHING. The boys found this hysterical. After chasing him down and finding his diaper I realized that he took it off because he was poopie. Bleh! I find this out after I sat him on my lap. So needless to say we both changed and had to hunt high and low in our living room for poop. Thank you clorox wipes.
Now... During dinner Daniel was begging for my food over his own food. I pointed out that it was the same and that "it doesn't taste any different" Alex responded "Yes it does. Yours has love in it"
Oh my goodness. How cute is that?
After dinner we decided to teach the boys how to dance the two-step. We cranked up the i-tunes radio and boogied well into the night. Well okay lets not go crazy. They were still in bed by 7:15 but HEY that is 15 minutes late.
A little video to liven things up.
Daniel even got in on the action.
Then after dinner, Alex took a moment to impress us with his reading. Don't hold your breathe that you will get to hear him as this is apparently extremely personal for him. But we did get to hear him and were thoroughly impressed.
How was your evening?
1 comment:
What a fun evening! (well except for the poop part.) Tell Ian that Jacob says he looks "adorable in my pajamas." Also tell him we haven't forgotten to write his postcards, we just haven't had a chance.
That's great that Alex is reading too.
Daniel is just too cute. I miss the boys so much.
Our evening was exciting - check out my blog to learn why! (has to do with Jacob and dance!)
Post a Comment