Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fly Lady

I have known about this lady who calls herself Fly Lady for a long time and I agree completely with her methods of getting your house in order but I haven't had the energy to get into a routine. Well, NO MORE. Starting yesterday I started her routine (with minor adjustments for myself). Her philosophy is tackling smaller chores or "hot zones" one small task at a time, creating routines that work for you and then having your house clean and organized is manageable. That most people don't try to because their perfectionist tendencies of all or nothing prevent them from working on their house one baby step at a time.

So yesterday I started with her day 1 - cleaning out your sink. Now she doesn't mean getting the dishes out of it, she means CLEANING it and has a routine for it. I did and felt so inspired that I scrubbed about half the kitchen. This morning i woke up and set to work a little bit more on the kitchen. Once it is clean it is maintaining it.

I can do this!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Good job! I know of the Flylady and have been getting her email reminders for years, although I don't even read them anymore!

Anonymous said...

It seems Flylady is getting a new wave of popularity! Years ago I was on her mailing list - even local groups, but haven't "done" Flylady in a while. I KEEP hearing about it, though, which may just be a not-so-subtle message that I could stand to use her techniques again! LOL After all, I can do anything for 15 minutes - right? :)

Anonymous said...

doesn't cleaning your entire kitchen defeat the purpose of the baby steps :)

Dawn said...

I have decided to do something about the clutter in my house finally. I had enough when I could not take a picture in my house that I was ok with showing to people...enough is enough! I have decided to start flylady and take before and after pictures of different parts of my house until it's all "picture perfect" ;)