Friday, August 08, 2008

Thank you God

We are back online! Oh what a horrible experience to be offline. I felt like a caged animal pacing my house. I didn't realize how often I check my email! And we don't own a phone book. How do I look up numbers. Really really horrible.


So to thank the "H" family. You know who you are! The gods of Houston. Nick is an IT guy who I called for advice on picking out a new high speed modem as mine was fried. He says "Oh I think I have one in my closet." What? Who has a modem just sitting around in their closet? So he spends a bunch of time formatting it for my computer and then says "Come pick it up." But wait it gets so much better. Is it so easy as I could just set it up? No. So does he say Oh well just screw it and go spend the $80-$100 to buy yourself a new modem? No. He says "I'll come over after work." Then he spends an hour and a half looking at my computer working on it and on the phone with AT&T. He arranges for AT&T to come out and look at the wiring. My hero! A god in his own right!


So how is Julie is wife a Goddess you ask? Well other than allowing her husband to suck up all his time trying to fix my computer? She goes to pick up my kids at 3:15 p.m. because the AT&T guy says he will be at my house between 12:00 and 5:00. You know when he is going to arrive. 3:15. You know when he arrived? 3:05. So after my little jig (I really did one, you can ask Julie) that the guy was here and I would finally have internet, the guy just plugged something in and was done. Voila! Now I am online.

Thanks so much Nick, Julie and AT&T Guy that I didn't get your name because I was too excited!


Now for a little photo teaser to start your day off right.


My husband cracks me up. He does actually sit down in the living room to eat animal crackers directly out of a 4 lb. tub and dips them into the nuttela jar. The funnier thing is that when I informed him my friends are all getting a good laugh out of it he responded "I honestly don't see what is wrong with that."

Oh Darren. I love you.

Now go check my Dinner Blog because I spent my time offline typing up stuff for that blog in my word documents to easily upload. Going to do that now :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're back online. Your hubby is quiet funny - 4 pounds of animal crackers!

Barbara said...

You actually buy 4 pound containers of animal crackers? Wow. Amazing. But Marlon, who sits there taking tortilla chips out of the bag and dipping them into the salsa jar, would agree with Darren that there's nothing wrong with that picture! (For those of you who don't know, my husband Marlon and Darren are brothers!)

Anonymous said...

Okay, it must be a family thing because at first I saw nothing wrong with the picture. Then I thought well maybe you would over eat this way- I'm sure that's why it's so shocking to everyone!

Jody

Anonymous said...

Wow that "H" family sounds AMAZING!!!

angela | the painted house said...

Sister, I know the withdrawal of lack of Internet! Hooray to your heros!

I so didn't need to see that jar full of creamy Nutella!