I have been so proud of our family. We are slowly going green. I am no longer just spouting the liberal democratic ideals I am actually practicing them. We invested in the recycled grocery bags and bring our own when we go to the grocer store once a week. Last year we invested in these fabulous laptop lunches that almost completely eliminated sandwich bags from our household. We bought cloth napkins to use at dinnertime, although I admit we are still using paper the other meals (baby steps). We never use paper plates (unless Darren is out of town and I break down because I am too exhausted to do dishes). I finally found a convenient way for me to recycle my paper I go through for our weekly arts and crafts as well as general computer paper. Sadly, we go through a lot.
And we joined a CSA. What is a CSA you ask? It is like a food co-op. You put in money with a group of other people and they give it to a farmer who farms organic foods and delivers fresh farmed, organic foods to you weekly. Now not to our doorstep but close enough. Isn't that cool? Supporting local farmers. Eating organic. Trying new foods. Better for the world. Makes me feel better already and we haven't gotten any food yet. Want to check out our Farm? They have a lot more information, detailed answers to your questions.
So I am very excited. We are now slowly doing our bit for the environment.
Other tidbits.
Things I love about my husband. He can take any situation and laugh about it. He has me sitting on the floor with my legs crossed in an attempt to not pee frequently because he is so funny. He helps me try NOT to take myself so seriously.
He is back. I love that about him. When he is here rather than there!
That he invited me on his next trip to Denmark and even said that he will approach the company about trading in his 1 first class ticket for 2 coach tickets so I can go. Is that love or what?
Daniel's new word is sweetie pie and he loves to pet my shoulder while saying it.
On t.v we watch the channel QUBO. Haven't heard of it? We hadn't either until we got rid of cable and it appeared. Well it is great and doesn't really have much in the way of commercials but it does have these reappearing 3 infomercials. One is for a "mogo" which is a combination of a bike and a scooter. One morning I switched the channel during the mogo infomercial and Daniel said "no, watch mogo" Seriously? Watching too much Qubo apparently!
I forgot to say that while we were in Galveston Ian was looking over the bed at me at bedtime. I asked what he wanted and he said "I am just watching you. I want you to be the last thing I see before I go to bed so I have good thoughts" This sweet thought brings warm and fuzzys to me every day and makes me pull him aside and hug him at least once every day for no reason. What a sweet thing to say!
Alex my sweet sometimes it is hard not to talk about you because you crack us up. You have us on the floor laughing or just in awe with your amazing imagination. But on weeks where there is a lot of stress (like this one) you just like to be left alone to play in your room. You find this to be your best way of dealing with things. This makes me feel bad because you don't demand attention like your brothers but I try not to force you to play with your brothers because that seems what society tells us is "normal" Why is it not okay for you to want to play on your own at times? It seems to be how you deal with things. So this week there isn't much to post about you. You took the week off. Next week I know you will be back with a vengeance.
School starts soon. Yippeeee!!!!
Now let me go so I may begin typing away my Monday Arts and Crafts. I hate to keep you in suspense for the entire day. Although I might :)
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congrats on the green achievements! We haven't done as much as we should with that, but I can only focus on the fasting thing and the Bar Mitzvah and regular life.
Post a Comment