Next... We went to New Braunfels for a quick 24 hr. trip to experience Darren's 20 yr. high school reunion (GO UNICORNS).
This is about 1/3 of the people Darren knew 20 yrs ago. Look hard. He is in the middle. It was fun. But who plans an outside event in August?
And for the big one. I know. You have been asking yourself. Where in the heck are those pictures from Nasa? Actually you probably used the word hell but we like to keep it clean in this household. Stop that potty mouth! Anyway. Sorry. With the previously mentioned computer problems and then the reunion trip we have been a bit bogged down but I am sure this is worth the wait.
VOILA!
Okay, I am hoping you look more thrilled than Alex does on this tram ride because otherwise this is going to be a very long blog.
Ah that is better, thank you. Now let the fun begin!
NASA. In all its splendor. I am sure if you zoom in you will be able to decipher national secrets. If you do let me know. Ian informed me that Obama is going to sell out to the Chinese if he wins and then we will be part of China. Is this true? Umm... don't believe everything you hear buddy.
Oh sorry got off track there. Back to NASA.
Ohhh... Ahhh... When are we going to get to eat?
This was actually pretty amazing to Alex. How did they get that rocket in there? Um sweetie I hate to break it to you. They built the building around the rocket. Oh, okay.
And that tiny space at the end. That is where the astronauts get to sit.
Ian and Daniel on the moon.
Here we are all (well you can't see me but I am obviously crowded into this three story yet tiny enclosed crammed space). Alex was really terrified to be so high up and ready to get down. The fact that the entire structure shook as all the children moved around in it was not helping any. The rug burn I had on my knees from crawling around didn't help me any.
This is Darren's general facial expression. "Don't bother me." He will probably tell you that is a smile but I know different. I am one second away from getting the finger.
And yet he bred a kid who is this excited!
I guess he gets happier going down slides. Between that and the nuttela/ animal cracker combo I would think I was married to a preschooler.
And now the fabulousness that is the kids area of NASA. I have no idea what it has to do with space but it was cool.
Ian on the trapeze. I did it right before him. Darn near ripped the arms out of my socket and hurt for days after.

Daniel getting hooked up for the trampoline. No excuses just cause you are only one!

See! Alex is having fun!

And it looks like we have a winner!

Now this was the star wars exhibit. Most kids just posed with guys and moved on. My kids took their guns and shot them.
1 comment:
That is really great! I am glad to see them taking an interest in space.
Post a Comment